This page contains some recommended resources to help you research services and industries.
Remember - when searching for information about a company, product, service or industry, you may have to look at the bigger picture as well as the details specific to your particular business, product or service. If you can’t find enough on the company/service/product, try to place it within the larger industry. For example:
- Look for the NAICS code for more information about the industry. https://www.naics.com/search/
- Look in library databases for industry reports, company reports, and/or articles related to your topic.
- Search in OneSearch for reports by limiting your search to REPORTS.
- Best bets for industry reports - Ibisworld and Business Source Complete.
- Be creative! Use other resources to find specific information about financials, market size and share, demographics, and/or consumer behaviour.
Adapted from: Iaizzo, Teresa. “Researching a Company, Product, Service, or Industry” George Brown College Library. Web. Sep 25, 2017